This is probably the question we get most often. Folks ask it in a number of ways, but they’re pretty clear that detox is going to take some work, and they want to know, “Why bother?”
That’s totally fair. Honestly, the more you need to detox, the less fun it’s gonna sound at the beginning. When you’re already feeling overburdened and overwhelmed, who wants to add more work to your plate? Toxins dumb you down, slow you down, and degrade your body's natural healing and repair processes. Adding stuff to learn and change when you're under that kind of stress sounds like as much fun as cleaning out a stranger's gross car. You don't want to take the time, and you definitely don't wanna know what that weird old stuff is under the seats.
Here’s the thing. There is so much good waiting for you, once you incorporate detox practices into your lifestyle. But we’ll focus on the ones that directly relate to you, dear visionary. You just gotta know 1 thing...
Detox is a lifestyle, not an event.
With the amount of toxicants flying at you in your environment, your clothes, expelling from your electronics (hello, vaporized mercury), and hiding in your water and food, we don’t actually recommend short term detox protocols. We've divided detox into Fast Fixes (1-time changes like switching out your salt and fixing your sleep environment) and Healing Habits (ongoing practices like what to eat and helpful supplements to take). And once you incorporate the basics, here’s what you can expect:
Look and feel younger.Toxicants age you in fast-forward. When you process them out, you get...
- Clearer, younger looking skin
- Reduced pain
- Faster recovery from injuries
- Weight loss that lasts (nope, not messing with you)
- Brighter and clearer vision
- Stronger, more plentiful hair
Feel energized physically.
- Restorative sleep
- Increased sex drive, stronger erections, better orgasms for women & men (hello)
- Better stamina
- Strengthened immune system
- Increased fertility
- Reduction in PMS symptoms, gentler cycle (halle-freaking-lujah)
- Increased adrenal/thyroid function
- Easy digestion
Experience emotional freedom.Toxicants set off massive changes and distortions in our mental and emotional well-being. So when you're decreasing your toxin load, you start to feel...
- Decreased irritability and overwhelm
- Decreased depression and anxiety
- Release of social phobias and harsh self judgment (yeah we don’t miss those)
- Addictive behaviors reduced/released
- More even-keeled experience, less lows (byeee weird behavior)
- Increased ability to feel and sustain genuine positive emotions
- Emotional “set point” naturally rises to a more positive baseline
Feel like the best version of you.
- Heightened creativity and critical thinking skills (ca-ching!)
- Increased clarity
- Better discernment
- Higher standards - tolerance for mediocrity naturally evaporates
- Higher quality focus, longer attention span
- Greater resiliency, better able to recover from stress and bad news
- Greater problem solving abilities
- Deeper spiritual connection (ommmmm)
- Stronger intuition
- Deeper connections with others (No really - you’ll like and love people more. And not just your favorites. Kinda everyone.)
Above all, the pervasive, lasting sense of feeling fully like yourself again.
No too shabby, right? Especially if you know you've got big, beautiful work to do. You gotta be at your best.
Have you already incorporated detox practices into your lifestyle, or tried out short term changes in the past? We'd love to know what you noticed, how it's going now. Head over to the 'gram and let us know!
Don't miss out - for tips on how to start your detox lifestyle and up your game, hop on Vision Nation's email list.